Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Zucchini
You've never seen zucchini like this before.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 3 zucchini, halved crosswise
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- ½ c. shredded Cheddar
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, 1 tbsp reserved for topping
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°. Slice off both ends of zucchini and discard. Line up chopsticks on either side of zucchini, then carefully make ¼” slices, making sure your knife hits the chopsticks. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
- Place zucchini on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet and bake until pliable, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make jalapeño popper filling: in a medium bowl combine cream cheese, ½ c mozzarella, cheddar, bacon, jalapeño and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper and stir until fully combined.
- Remove zucchini from oven and stuff jalapeño mixture between each slice. Top with remaining mozzarella and bacon and bake until cheese is melty, 6 to 8 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Watch the recipe video here:
How To Make Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Zucchini
Now THIS is a low-carb idea we can get behind ??Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/pRgP7ME
Posted by Delish on Monday, January 29, 2018