Italian Mac & Cheese
This is our new Italian dreamboat.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 10 oz. shells
- 16 oz. marinara or tomato sauce
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ c. half-and-half or heavy cream
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown sausage until golden.
- Add onion, garlic and bell pepper and cook until soft, 5 minutes.
- Add shells and stir until coated in sausage and peppers, then pour over marinara and chicken broth. Simmer until shells are al dente and almost all of the liquid is absorbed, 20 minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half and mozzarella. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Watch the recipe video here:
How To Make Italian Mac & Cheese
Italian Mac & Cheese is the ultimate comfort food.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/DAYy3Zt
Posted by Delish on Friday, February 16, 2018