Instant Pot Keto Chicken Fajita Bowls
This keto-approved take on fajitas is a super satisfying low-carb meal. The chicken shreds off the bone easily, while the veggies have a slight crunch and the broth is light and flavorful. It feels indulgent, but you’re not breaking any rules.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 pounds bone-in, skinless chicken breasts
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup chicken stock Cooked cauliflower rice
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1½ ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded (about ⅓ cup)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, diced Hot sauce
- Set Instant Pot to “sauté” and allow it to preheat for 3 minutes. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil until hot. Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic; stir and arrange in an even layer. Cook, undisturbed, until lightly browned around the edges, about 3 minutes. Stir, and continue to cook until tender and golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer onion mixture to a plate.
- Stir together salt, chili powder, cumin, and pepper; sprinkle most of the spice mixture evenly on the meaty side of chicken breasts. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pot. Place chicken, spice side down, in hot oil, and sear 3 minutes. Sprinkle bone side of chicken with remaining spice mix; flip. Add stock; cover and press cancel. Set cooker to high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Carefully release pressure and remove lid. Press “cancel”. Transfer chicken to a platter; shred chicken and discard bones. Place shredded chicken and onion mixture in hot liquid. Serve fajita mixture over cauliflower rice; top with tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, avocado, and hot sauce.