Instant Pot Honey Bourbon Chicken
I love the tastes of New Orleans, and this honey bourbon chicken does not disappoint. The rich, flavorful sauce is perfect for spooning over the tender morsels of chicken. Laissez les bons temps rouler! Not a fan of bourbon? No worries. This dish is actually named after Bourbon Street in New Orleans, so although the bourbon in the recipe does add a punch of extra flavor, it is not necessary to achieve a tasty outcome! Want to make it spicier? Add ½ – 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or add some sriracha sauce to the party! This dish works great over egg noodles, rice, next to a pile of potatoes or even over zucchini “zoodles” if you want to keep the carbs a bit lower.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- Small onion, finely diced
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup bourbon whiskey (optional)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1½ lbs chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- Combine the Sauce ingredients in the Instant Pot.
- Nestle the chicken thighs in the sauce in one layer, turning once to coat.
- Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- buttons and program the Instant Pot for 15 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken and dice.
- Meanwhile, mix water and cornstarch in a small bowl, then add it to the sauce and cook 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Return chicken to pot and warm through. Serve over noodles or rice.