Instant Pot Delightful Caprese Chicken
You’ll want to make this dish again and again.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ large onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 2)
- 3½ cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella “pearls” (or other fresh mozzarella cut to ½″ dice)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When oil gets hot, add onion to the pot and saute until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add chicken in an even layer. Add tomatoes in an even layer. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and crushed red pepper (optional). Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- buttons and program the Instant Pot for 12 minutes.
- When the time is up, quick-release the pressure. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and basil over the chicken, then cover 4-5 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve over zoodles, quinoa, brown rice or polenta.