Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
Delicious Chicken Marsala without making a trip to my favorite Italian restaurant.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 lbs thin-sliced chicken breast
- 1+1 tbsp olive oil
- 1+1 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup marsala wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ⅓ cup cream
- ¼ cup chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- In a shallow bowl, mix together Dredge Mix ingredients. Coat each piece of chicken in the dredge mix, shaking off excess.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function and adjust to HIGH or MORE.
- When butter melts, brown the meat on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side until golden. Meat will not be cooked through. Do not crowd the pot–you will have to work in batches. Transfer browned meat to a shallow dish in a single layer and cover loosely with foil.
- Add remaining oil, remaining butter, shallot and garlic to the pot and saute until soft, 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes more.
- Add wine and broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot. Carefully add back chicken in a single layer.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the pot to a shallow dish in a single layer and cover loosely with foil.
- In a small bowl, mix ¼ cup cooking liquid with 2 tbsp cornstarch. Stir into the pot, along with the cream.
- Cook and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes, returning to SAUTE mode as needed. Return chicken to the pot and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serve chicken over rice, mashed potatoes or pasta. Garnish with chopped parsley and fresh ground pepper.