Instant Pot Apple Cake
Cakes turn out rich and moist, never dry.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 red apple, sliced very thin
- 1 red apple, peeled and cut into ½″ dice
- 7 oz white or yellow cake mix (about half a box), prepared according to package directions
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tbsp cinnamon sugar for topping
- Coat the inside of a 7” x 3” springform or push pan with non-stick spray. (We love this pan: https://amzn.to/2xAXUOF)
- Layer thinly sliced apples along bottom and sides of pan.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg and diced apples to the prepared cake mix. Stir to combine.
- Gently spoon the cake batter into the prepared pan. Cover loosely with foil – do not seal.
- Pour 1½ cups water into the Instant Pot, followed by the steam rack.
- Carefully lower the baking pan onto the steam rack, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 20 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the cake pan from the pot. Place on a cooling rack and allow to set for 5-10 minutes before inverting onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Top with cinnamon sugar and set under the broiler until sugar melts.
- Serve warm.