BBQ Chicken Nacho Poppers
BBQ Chicken Nacho Poppers recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 8 oz (225 g) whipped cream cheese
- 3 cups (300 g) shredded cheese blend
- 2 cups (250 g) shredded chicken, cooked
- ½ cup (50 g) red pepper, diced
- ½ cup (50 g) green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup (145 g) BBQ sauce
- 3 cups (375 g) all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 30 oz (850 g) nacho cheese chip, finely crushed
- 5 qt (4 L) vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- 1 ½ cups (335 g) guacamole
- 1 ½ cups (335 g) salsa
- 1 ½ cups (345 g) sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheese, chicken, peppers, parsley, and barbecue sauce.
- Transfer the mixture to a parchment paper-lined 9x9-inch (23x23-cm) square pan. Spread the mixture evenly and freeze for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Cut the block into 32 triangle poppers.
- Pour the flour, eggs, and crushed nacho chips into 3 separate medium bowls. Double bread the poppers by dipping them in the flour, egg wash, and nacho chips, then again in the egg wash and nacho chips.
- Heat the oil in a large pot to 375°F (190°C).
- Fry the poppers, four at a time, for 40 seconds, or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle parsley on top of the poppers.
- Serve with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream.