Grilled Cheese Crust Pizza
Get extra cheese in every bite with a layer of mozzarella baked into this thick crust pepperoni pizza.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Pizza
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 packages Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough
- 2½ cups part-skim shredded mozzarella, divided
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- 20 slices pepperoni
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons olive oil oil into a nonstick 9x13 cake pan. Lay one of the pizza crusts in the pan. Layer 1½ cups of shredded mozzarella on the dough, spreading all the way to the edges of the pan. Place second layer of dough on top and brush with olive oil. Bake for 8 minutes, until just lightly golden.
- Remove pizza from oven and spread remaining 1 cup mozzarella over the top crust, touching the sides of the pan. Drizzle sauce down the pizza in 4 rows. Top with pepperoni slices. Bake for 12 minutes, until cheese is melted and the edges are dark and crisp.
- Remove to wooden board, slice into squares and serve.