Giant Jalapeño Popper Chicken Burger
GIANT JALAPEÑO POPPER CHICKEN BURGER
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
Jalapeno Chicken Burger:
- Chicken 6 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 6 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- ½ cup cooked bacon bits
- 1 ½ cups cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ? ? cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup mozzarella grated
- 1 cup cheddar grated
- 2 cups seasoned flour
- 6-8 eggs whisked
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- 500g bread flour
- 2 cups grated yellow cheddar cheese
- 6-7 jalapenos, sliced into rings
- 240 ml whole milk, lukewarm
- 2 tsp fast action, dry yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 large egg, whisked
- 50ml oil
- Egg wash
- BBQ sauce
- In a large bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, diced jalapenos, bacon, cream cheese, mayonnaise, mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Transfer to a cling film lined 8” cake tin. Freeze overnight.
- In a large bowl mix cheddar cheese, jalapenos and flour until coated well, set aside.
- Mix together milk, yeast, sugar in a large bowl. Let sit until slightly frothy. Add two eggs, oil and stir until combined.
- Add in all of the flour, cheese and jalapeno mix and salt; mix until combined. Remove from the bowl and knead until a
- Place in a lightly greased bowl and cover with cling film. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Fold in the corners and sides and shape into a tight ball.
- Line a large tray with parchment paper and place a 9” ring on top. Add the jalapeno cheddar dough ball and press down lightly to form a disk. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 20 minutes. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake in a 180ºC oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat oil in a large deep pot.
- Remove the chicken jalapeno disk from the tin. Coat in flour, shaking off any excess then into the whisked eggs, letting excess drip off, followed by a nice coating of the panko breadcrumbs pressing to adhere.
- Fry until golden brown, let rest on a rack to drain.
- Cut the bun in half. Spread mayo on the bottom half. Top with lettuce, the patty and a drizzle of bbq sauce then the top bun.