Giant Ice Cream Sandwich
Making this for a birthday? Spruce it up by pressing rainbow sprinkles onto the outside of the ice cream layer!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Cake
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients called for on box)
- 2 (1½ qt.) Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two 9"-x-13" baking pans with parchment paper, leaving a two inch overhang on the long side. Grease with cooking spray. In a large bowl, prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Divide between pans and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Using the back of a spoon, working horizontally poke out alternating rows of 4 and 3 evenly spaced small rounds, about ½-inch each.
- Invert the other cake onto a platter and cover with the vanilla ice cream, spreading the top to create an even layer. Place the cake with the holes on top and gently press into the ice cream. Smooth the ice cream along the sides, then put in the freezer for at least 2 hours, or until ready to serve.