Yields: 9 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 2 Hr 15 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 2 Hr 30 Mins
These flourless Brownie Crinkle Cookies are rich and fudgy like a brownie but shaped like a cookie. Made lighter, grain-free and gluten-free with almond meal and they have no oil or butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites, sugar and vanilla with a mixer until frothy, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond meal, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the egg white mixture and stir with a spatula until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- With a spatula, roll into 2 balls then wrap with plastic.
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight, the dough must be chilled before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie trays with parchment.
- Working with 1 dough ball at a time (leave the other in the fridge), roll the dough into 2 level tablespoon size balls about 1 oz each. Flatten the dough slightly into a round.
- Place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with flaky salt (if desired). If the dough softens, stick it in the freezer for a few minutes to re-chill it.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, until just set on the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet at least 15 minutes. They will continue to cook slightly as they sit on the baking sheet.
- Eat warm or let cool and store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Refrigerate up to 7 days.