French Onion Steak Sliders
FRENCH ONION STEAK SLIDERS
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 4 sirloin steaks, cut into slices
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 white onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 12 slider rolls, cut in half
- 3 cups grated emmental
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan with a lid and add the sliced steak. Leave the beef so it colours and then stir in the flour, salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and add the butter.
- Stir in the onions and cook for around 3 minutes until beginning to colour, then add the garlic and re add the beef.
- Pour over the beef stock and wine then bring to a gentle simmer and put the lid on. Cook for around 40 minutes or until the beef has broken down.
- While the beef is cooking lay the buns on a baking tray, cut side up, and sprinkle with emmental. Grill for around 3 minutes until the cheese is bubbling.
- Spoon the beef mixture onto the bottom buns and add the top buns on top and serve warm.