DIY Ramen Soup
This jarred version of ramen soup is a healthier alternative than most commercial varieties. Play favorites with the veggies to suit your taste.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium chicken base
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- 2 radishes, halved and sliced
- ½ cup sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large hard-boiled egg, halved
- 2 lime wedges
- 4 cups boiling water
- Cook ramen according to package directions; cool.
- In each of two 1-qt. wide-mouth canning jars, divide and layer ingredients in the following order: ramen noodles, chicken base, chili sauce, ginger, carrots, cabbage, radishes, mushrooms, chicken and cilantro. Place egg and lime wedge in 4-oz. glass jars or other airtight containers. Cover all four containers and refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, pour 2 cups boiling water into each 1-qt. glass jar; let stand until warmed through or until chicken base has dissolved. Stir to combine seasonings. Squeeze lime juice over soup and place egg on top.
Watch the recipe video here:
This jarred version of ramen soup is so convenient to make-and-take!–> Get the recipe for DIY Ramen Soup: https://trib.al/FKaa0Pi