Chocolate Sundae Cone Cookies
Enjoy these crunchy chocolate cookies made using Betty Crocker® cookie mix and sugar cones – perfect for dessert.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 bag (11.5 or 12 oz) semisweet chocolate chunks (2 cups), divided
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker™ chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips (6 oz)
- 4 sugar cones, coarsely crushed (about 1¼ cups)
- ½ cup dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large microwavable bowl, microwave 1 cup chocolate chunks uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Add butter; using spoon, beat until blended. Add egg; beat until combined. Add cookie mix; stir until soft dough forms. Stir in remaining 1 cup chocolate chunks and the vanilla baking chips. Gently stir in crushed cones just until combined.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by 2 tablespoonfuls per cookie; flatten tops slightly. Sprinkle with peanuts, pressing lightly into dough. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until puffed and dry on tops (centers will be very soft). Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely before storing in airtight container.