This Checkerboard Cake Will Make You Feel Things
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 prepared chocolate cake, 9 inches
- 1 prepared yellow cake, 9 inches
- Chocolate frosting
- Slice the top of both cakes to create a flat surface.
- Cut both cakes in half widthwise to create four cakes.
- Place a small plate on top of the cake and cut around to create a smaller circle.
- Place a glass in the middle of the cake and cut around to create an even smaller circle.
- Assemble the first layer by placing the outside chocolate ring on a plate or cake stand.
- Insert the next yellow cake ring and then the inner chocolate cake ring.
- Continue forming layers alternating the colors on the outside.
- Frost the cake with a thin layer of frosting in between each layer.
- After the fourth layer frost the entire cake and cool in the refrigerator.
- Slice and serve.