Raspberry Cheesecake Swirl Buns
Glazed Raspberry Cheesecake Swirl Buns.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Cake
- 1 cup (240ml) milk, warmed
- ½ cup (135g) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast (2 standard size packets)
- ½ cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature and cut into 4 pieces
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 and ½ cups (562g) all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting/rolling
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- ¼ Cup Butter softened
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 2 packages frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ¼ cup cream
- In a large bowl, add warm milk, sugar, and yeast. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until frothy
- Add softened butter, salt, eggs, and flour to the bowl and mix well.
- Place dough into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approx 16 inches long by 12 inches wide. It should be approx ¼ inch thick
- In a bowl mix cream cheese, butter, sugar, and vanilla with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Keep raspberries frozen until needed. Mix raspberries with sugar and corns starch until coated
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Butter/grease/spray with nonstick spray the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish, then line with parchment paper. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and roll into a 12×18 inch even rectangle.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over dough.
- Mix raspberries with cornstarch and spread evenly over mixture. Tightly roll dough into a long log. Cut into 12 even rolls. Arrange in prepared baking dish.
- Cover and let rise for about 30 minutes. Bake in oven for 25-35 minutes until golden brown and bubbly. Remove and let cool.
- In a bowl or jug mix together icing sugar and cream until smooth. Top rolls while still warm.
Watch the recipe video here:
Glazed Raspberry Cheesecake Swirl Buns
Posted by Twisted on Tuesday, August 22, 2017