Bloomin' Grilled Apples
We all know Outback's famous for its Bloomin' Onion, so we got inspired and turned the app into a dessert. The technique for cutting the apples only looks hard — you'll have them on the grill in 10 minutes flat.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 apples
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon-sugar
- ½ c. caramel, plus more for drizzling
- ⅓ c. chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Slice off the top ¼ of the apples and scoop out cores.
- Using a paring knife, make a deep cut around the center of the apple.
- Flip over apples and make narrow cuts all around, making sure to not cut through the bottom. In a small bowl, stir together melted butter and cinnamon-sugar. Brush apples all over with mixture, then fill center with caramel and pecans.
- Wrap apples in foil and grill until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Top with ice cream and drizzle with more caramel.