Black Forest Dream Bars
Prize-Winning Recipe Fall 2010! Chocolate, cherries and whipped cream layer into a delicious dessert bar.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ double chocolate chunk cookie mix
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, oil and egg until soft dough forms. On ungreased cookie sheet, drop 3 tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart to make 3 cookies. Bake 12 to 13 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, press remaining cookie dough in bottom of sprayed pan. Reserve 1 cup cherry pie filling for topping; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and the remaining pie filling with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Spread cream cheese mixture over crust in pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled.
- Spread whipped topping over cream cheese layer. Top with spoonfuls of the reserved cherry pie filling. Coarsely crumble baked cookies; sprinkle over top of bars. Refrigerate at least 1 hour for flavors to blend. To serve, cut into 5 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
Watch the recipe video here:
Chocolate, cherries and whipped cream layer into a delicious dessert bar.Black Forest Dream Bars recipe:…