Berry Mousse Cake
Yes, you can make gyros at home. This homemade Greek-American style gyro is delicious and very easy to make.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Cake
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt & pepper
- ½ cup breadcrumbs, soaked in olive oil
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Olive oil
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, grated and drained of excess water
- 3 sprigs dill
- Squeeze of lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups Greek yogurt
- Pita or flatbread
- Shredded lettuce
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add ground meats, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, onion and garlic. Use a mixer with paddle attachment or food processor to get mixture super fine and paste-like.
- Transfer mixture to a loaf pan coated with olive oil and press down to firm. Bake for approximately 1 hour until top is golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine tzatziki ingredients.
- Slice meat into pieces. Lay out a flatbread, top with shredded lettuce, gyro meat, tzatziki, onion and tomatoes. Enjoy!
Watch the recipe video here:
You could say this mousse cake is berry pleasing.Full Recipe: taste.md/2BfWRDK
Posted by Tastemade on Tuesday, December 26, 2017