Instant Pot Perfect Pumpkin Pie
It’s a perfect accompaniment to your holiday meal.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup finely crushed shortbread cookies, plus additional for garnish
- ⅓ cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1½ cups canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- Whipped cream for serving (optional)
- Coat the inside of a 7” springform pan with nonstick spray (we love this one: https://amzn.to/2CHSu8K).
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine Crust Mixture ingredients. Press evenly into the bottom of the springform pan and about ¾″ up the sides. Place in freezer for at least 10 minutes to set.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine Filling Mixture ingredients. Pour over pie crust and cover with aluminium foil.
- Pour one cup of water in the Instant Pot and insert the steam rack. Using a foil sling, carefully lower the bundt pan on to the steam rack.
- Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 30 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Check the pie to see if the middle is set. The center should be wobbly, but not liquidy. If not, cook on MANUAL for an additional 5 minutes and quick-release again.
- Carefully remove the pan from the pot to a cooling rack. When completely cool, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Once cooled, carefully release sides of springform pan. Serve with whipped cream, sprinkle with additional crushed cookies.
Watch the recipe video here:
It’s a perfect accompaniment to your holiday meal.RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/instant-pot-perfect-pumpkin-pie/