BA's Best Breakfast Sandwich
It’s amazing how malleable eggs are, and this method yields an especially fluffy result. This is part of BA's Best, a collection of our essential recipes.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Burger
- Unsalted butter
- 1 English muffin, split
- 1 BA Breakfast Sausage patty
- 2 slices American cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of chopped fresh chives
- Hot sauce and honey (for serving; optional)
- Generously butter each half of English muffin on both sides. Heat a large griddle or cast-iron skillet over medium.
- Toast muffin on griddle, cut side down, pressing slightly until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip and toast on other side, pressing slightly until golden brown on other side, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook BA Breakfast Sausage patty on griddle until browned on 1 side, about 2 minutes.
- Flip and top with American cheese; cook until sausage is cooked through and cheese starts to melt, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat; keep muffin and sausage on warm griddle while you make the eggs.
- Heat a knob of butter in a small nonstick skillet (6" is ideal) over medium. Add eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Using a heatproof rubber spatula, cook, lifting edges and tilting skillet to let uncooked egg run underneath, until mostly set but still slightly runny on top, about 2 minutes.
- Top with chives and fold eggs over to make a half moon; fold in half again.
- To serve, top bottom half of English muffin with egg, then sausage. Drizzle with hot sauce and honey, if desired. Close sandwich and stuff your face, cutlery not encouraged.