Thin Mint Cheesecake
Not that you need another excuse to buy more Thin Mints.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Cake
FOR THE CRUST
- 24 whole Thin Mint Cookies
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- Pinch of kosher salt
FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 4 (8-oz.) blocks of cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. mint extract
- ¼ c. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- Green food coloring
- 15 Thin Mint cookies, crushed
FOR THE GANACHE
- ⅔ c. heavy cream
- 2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 c. Cool Whip
- 5 Thin Mint cookies, halved
- 5 Thin Mint cookies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325° and grease an 8" or 9" springform pan with cooking spray. Make crust: In a large Ziploc bag or a food processor fitted with a metal blade, crush Thin Mints until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a bowl and pour in melted butter. Add salt and stir until crumbs are completely coated and moist.
- Make cheesecake: In a large bowl using a hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), beat cream cheese and sugar together until no lumps remain. Add eggs, one at a time, then stir in mint extract and sour cream. Add flour, salt, and green food coloring and beat until just combined. Fold crushed Thin Mints into cheesecake mixture. Pour mixture over crust and smooth into an even layer.
- Wrap bottom of pan in aluminum foil and place in a large roasting pan. Pour in enough boiling water to come up halfway in the baking pan. Bake until center of cheesecake only slightly jiggles, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Turn off oven, prop open door, and let cheesecake cool in oven, 1 hour.
- Remove foil and refrigerate cheesecake for at least 5 hours and up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, make ganache: In a small saucepan over low heat, heat heavy cream. Place chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and pour over hot heavy cream. Let sit 3 minutes, then stir until creamy and no lumps remain.
- Refrigerate ganache until slightly thick, 10 minutes, and spread on the top of cheesecake.
- Sprinkle crushed thin mints all over top of the cheesecake. Pipe 10 dollops of Cool Whip around the edge and top each dollop with a halved Thin Mint and serve.