These taco triangles are easy to eat and make no mess 🌮!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Taco
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup shredded chicken (125 g)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup ground beef, cooked (200 g)
- 10 flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheese blend (200 g)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- oil, for frying
- fresh cilantro, for serving
- sour cream, for serving
- guacamole, for serving
- salsa, for serving
- In a large pan over medium heat, add the olive oil, onion, red and green bell pepper, salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and dried oregano. Mix to combine.
- Add the lime juice and cook the vegetables until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Seperate the vegetables in three medium bowls.
- To one bowl, add the shredded chicken. To another bowl, add the black beans. To the last bowl, add the ground beef.
- Stir each bowl until everything is incorporated.
- Cut a tortilla in half with a pizza cutter or knife.
- Put a spoonful of one of the fillings in the center of the tortilla half and sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold each corner over the middle, forming a triangle.
- Flip the tortilla triangle over so the seam is down.
- Brush the edge of the tortilla with egg wash and press with a fork to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and fillings.
- In a deep pan, heat two inches of oil to 350°F (180°C).
- Once the oil is hot, place 2-3 tortilla triangles in the pan and cook on each side for 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Drain the triangles on a rack
- Serve with cilantro, sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.