These are the prettiest low-carb tacos you'll ever see.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Taco
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ⅔ c. shredded Mexican cheese
- ½ c. shredded iceberg lettuce
- ½ c. sour cream
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef and taco seasoning, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper, and cook until the beef is no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat and set aside.
- Flip tomatoes so they are stem-side down. Cut the tomatoes into six wedges, being careful to not cut completely through the tomato. Carefully spread open the wedges.
- Divide taco meat evenly among the tomatoes, then top each with cheese, lettuce, and sour cream. Serve.
Watch the recipe video here:
Taco Tomatoes make cutting carbs SO easy. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/NoZvHhR
Posted by Delish on Monday, October 9, 2017