Rain Drop Jelly
Because sometimes an occasion just calls for a gummy frog hidden in cotton candy overtop a goblet of multi-colored jello.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Drinks
- 1¼ cups cider
- 2 balls white cotton candy
- 2 frog gummies
- 1 to 2 drops purple food coloring
- 1 to 2 drops blue food coloring
- Liquid jelly:
- 3½ teaspoons powdered gelatin
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cut an opening in each cotton candy ball and stick a frog gummy in it.
- Soak the powdered gelatin in 2 tablespoons of water. In a bowl, heat the water, then mix in sugar, gelatin and lemon juice. Allow to cool.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of the gelatin mixture into a shallow bowl and add purple food coloring. Pour another 3 tablespoons of the gelatin mixture into a separate shallow bowl and add blue food coloring. Refrigerate until solidified.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and cut into thin pieces. Transfer to a round ice cube tray. Pour leftover gelatin mixture overtop and refrigerate with the lid on until solid.
- Remove gelatin rounds from the refrigerator and divide between 2 glasses. Top each with a cotton candy ball and pour cider over the top to melt the cotton candy and reveal the hidden frog.