Pizza Ree-A. Lol, get it? Like pizzeria. 🤣
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 cup small yellow and red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus additional for brushing
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- ½ recipe Foolproof Pizza Dough, recipe follows
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 ounce fresh mozzarella, torn
- 3 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1 ounce shredded provolone
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Butter, recipe follows
- 8 basil leaves, chiffonade
- Drizzle balsamic glaze
Foolproof Pizza Dough:
- 1 teaspoon instant or active dry yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil, plus additional for drizzling
- 3½ sticks salted butter
- 16 cloves garlic, finely pressed
- Coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the halved cherry tomatoes on a sheet pan, drizzle over the olive oil, sprinkle over the salt and pepper and toss. Roast about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush a sheet pan with olive oil. Roll out the pizza ball and put it on the oiled sheet pan.
- Spoon on the pesto and spread out. Crumble over half of the goat cheese and scatter the fresh mozzarella.
- Mix together the shredded mozzarella and provolone in a bowl, then sprinkle over the pizza.
- Bake until cooked through, 11 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the pizza and brush the crust with garlic butter.
- Pile the roasted tomatoes on the pizza.
- Crumble over the remaining goat cheese, sprinkle over the basil and drizzle over the balsamic glaze.
Foolproof Pizza Dough:
- Sprinkle the yeast over 1½ cups of warm (not lukewarm) water. Let stand for a few minutes.
- Combine the flour and salt in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Turn the mixer on low speed and drizzle in the oil until combined with the flour. Next, pour in the yeast mixture and mix until just combined and the dough comes together in a sticky mass.
- Coat a separate mixing bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil and form the dough into a ball. Toss to coat the dough in the oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and set it aside for at least 1 or up to 2 hours at room temperature, or store in the fridge until you need it, up to 4 days ahead. Bring the refrigerated dough to room temperature before using.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat, then add the garlic and salt. Cook for a couple of minutes to release the flavor, but don't let the garlic brown.
Watch the recipe video here:
Pizza Ree-A. Lol, get it? Like pizzeria. 🤣Watch new episodes of The Pioneer Woman – Ree Drummond, every Saturday @ 10a|9c!Save the recipe: https://foodtv.com/2MAys4T!