Shake up your brunch game.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Drinks
FOR THE SYRUP
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. water
- 2 c. blueberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
FOR THE MIMOSAS
- 2 c. lemonade
- 1 bottle champagne (or prosecco)
- Fresh blueberries, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and water and stir until sugar has dissolved. Add blueberries and lemon zest and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer mixture until blueberries have burst, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes, then strain mixture into a clean jar. Let cool completely.
- Pour about a tablespoon of blueberry syrup into the bottom of champagne flutes, then pour over ¼ cup lemonade. Top off each flute with champagne.