Lasagna Stuffed Garlic Dough Balls
Garlic Bread...stuffed with Lasagna?! That's right. Two favourites married in harmony. These Lasagna Stuffed Garlic Dough Balls are great for a crowd and they're great even without cheese. you guys ask for recipes without cheese, here you go!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Lasagna
- 500g bread dough
- 1 tsp oil
- 12 rashers bacon, chopped finely
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 400g beef mince
- ½ cup Wine
- 1 cup passata
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 cup chopped fresh lasagna noodles
- 1 cup Bechamel
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- In a saucepan over medium heat, fry bacon in oil until crispy. Add butter until melted. Stir in onion and cook until softened. Cook Garlic until softened.
- Break apart beef mince into the pan and cook until browned. Pour in wine, cook until reduced by ½. Stir through passata, season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Bring to a simmer. Add lasagna noodles and cover to steam for 5 minutes and to cook noodles through.
- Once the sauce has thickened and noodles are cooked; stir through béchamel to combine.
- Remove from the pan and let cool completely
- Preheat an oven to 180ºC. Meanwhile, divide bread dough into 24 even balls. Flatten each one into a 3” round. Top with 1-2tbsp of the lasagna mix. Pinch the edges into the centre to seal. Arrange on a tray and cover to let rise.
- Mix together butter, garlic, and parsley. Brush onto each roll.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.