Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
Skip the take-out and try this easy homemade version instead!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced scallions
- Sesame seeds
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When oil gets hot, brown the chicken on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side. Meat will not be cooked through. Do not crowd the pot–you may have to work in batches. Transfer browned meat to a shallow dish and cover loosely with foil.
- Add onion to the pot and saute until soft, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add soy sauce, ketchup and red pepper flakes to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Put the chicken back into to the pot, turning once to coat.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the meat from the pot to a cutting board and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Add honey and sesame oil to the pot and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl mix together ¼ cup of pot liquid and cornstarch. Stir into the pot until thickened.
- Add chicken back to the pot and stir to coat. Adjust seasonings.
- Serve hot over rice, noodles or zoodles, garnished with scallions and sesame seeds.
Watch the recipe video here:
Skip the take-out and try this easy homemade version instead!RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/instant-pot-honey-sesame-chicken/