Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
You will never want to stop eating this creamy, cheesy comfort food!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1.5 lbs broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 12-15 baby carrots, diced (or 2 whole carrots, diced)
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 10-12 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Hot sauce to taste (optional
- Add butter to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When butter has melted, add broccoli florets in an even layer and cook without stirring for 5-7 minutes or until browned on the bottom.
- Add broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add the remainder of the Pot Mixture ingredients and stir to combine.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 2 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Use an immersion blender to process until smooth (we love this immersion blender: https://amzn.to/2yBqLSB)
- Add cheese in ½ cup increments stirring between each addition until melted.
- Add hot sauce to taste (optional). Serve warm.
Watch the recipe video here:
You will never want to stop eating this creamy, cheesy comfort food!FULL RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/instant-pot-broccoli-cheddar-soup/