Cheesy Potato Waffles
What is something that you have never thought to put in a waffle iron? I feel like a lot of people these days are trying ANYTHING to see how it turns out. And I can’t say that I blame them. These potato waffles are so delicious and creative. You can make them for brunch, a side for dinner, they go well with so many options! The waffle iron makes them the perfect amount of crispiness. And It only takes 3 minutes to cook them to perfection!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 4 TBSP Unsalted butter
- ¼ CUP Buttermilk
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 CUPS Mashed potatoes
- 3 TBSP Chopped chives
- ½ CUP All-purpose flour
- ½ TSP Baking powder
- ¼ TSP Baking soda
- ½ TSP Salt
- ½ TSP Fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ TSP Garlic powder
- CUP Grated cheddar cheese
- Bacon bits
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Continue to cook the butter until the butter begins to brown a bit.
- Immediately transfer the browned butter into a medium bowl.
- Whisk in buttermilk and eggs until thoroughly combined.
- Add the mashed potatoes and 2 tablespoons chives and gently stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Heat a waffle iron and grease if necessary.
- Dollop batter (about ¼ cup per waffle) into the waffle iron. Cook until golden on each side.
- Turn oven to the broiler setting.
- Place waffles on a baking sheet and top with cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Place waffles under the broiler until cheese is melted, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Watch the recipe video here:
Cheesy Potato WafflesFULL RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/cheesy-potato-waffles/
Posted by Chop Secrets on Monday, December 24, 2018