Funfetti fans, we've got the cheesecake for you.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 3 8-oz. blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ c. sour cream
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c. rainbow sprinkles, plus more for decorating
- ½ c. vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9” springform pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare Funfetti cake mix according to package instructions and pour about half of the batter into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, 23 to 25 minutes. Let cake cool for 10 minutes.
- Make cheesecake mixture: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until combined. Add eggs and beat until combined, then stir in sour cream and vanilla and fold in sprinkles.
- Pour cream cheese batter onto cooled cake and bake until cheesecake is slightly jiggly in the center, 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes. (Cheesecakes tend to crack if you don't use a water bath. If you don't want to use one, bake as directed. If you do want to use a water bath, double wrap the outside of the pan in aluminum foil and place in a baking dish. Place on oven rack and pour in enough boiling water to reach halfway up the pan. Bake as directed.)
- If not using a water bath: Remove pan from oven and run a knife around the inside of the pan to release the cheesecake. Let cool 1 hour on a wire rack, then refrigerate until totally chilled, at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Pipe vanilla frosting along border of the cheesecake then garnish with more sprinkles. Slice and serve cold.