No longer do you have to choose between a quesadilla or a burger.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 8 Small flour tortillas
- 1½ c. shredded Cheddar
- 1½ c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- 1½ c. Shredded lettuce
- 1 c. Pico de Gallo
- Sour cream, for drizzling
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, garlic, jalapeño, and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper and mix until just combined.
- Shape mixture into four large, thin patties. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the patties and cook until cooked to your desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side.
- Set aside burgers and wipe skillet clean. In the same skillet over medium heat, heat remaining tablespoon oil. Add one flour tortilla and top with cheddar, Monterey Jack and lettuce.
- Place one cooked burger on top then sprinkle more cheese and top with pico de gallo. Drizzle with sour cream then place a second tortilla on top. Cook until the bottom tortilla is golden, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully flip quesadilla and cook until the other side is golden, about 2 more minutes. Repeat with remaining ingredients and burgers. Serve immediately.