Yields: 12 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 40 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr
Yes, these blueberry muffins are insanely good! Hard to believe they are light. Think baked oatmeal, but in the form of a muffin… so moist and they are just as good the next day.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a muffin tin with liners and lightly spray with oil.
- Place oats in a food processor or chopper and pulse a few times. Soak oats in milk for about 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, honey, apple sauce, vanilla, egg whites, oil and mix well.
- In a third bowl combine whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and whisk to combine.
- Combine oats and milk with sugar, applesauce mixture and mix well.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into the muffin tin and bake for 22-24 minutes. Enjoy!!
Watch the recipe video here: