Yields: 8 Servings Difficulty: Medium
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8 (4 oz) ramekins with cooking spray. Place on a large baking tray.
- Melt chocolate in medium microwaveable bowl for 45 second intervals, mixing until melted and set aside to cool a few minutes.
- Add the pumpkin puree to the melted chocolate along with vanilla, 1 whole egg, and maple syrup; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, with a hand mixer beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, add salt.
- Spoon 1/4 cup mixture into ramekins and bake about 15 minutes, until the cakes rise. Serve right away.