Stromboli is a family dinner favorite. Make it easy when you roll up pizza toppings in a pizza crust.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- ½ lb. lean ground beef
- 1 (13.8-oz.) can Pillsbury™ refrigerated classic pizza crust
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green and/or red bell pepper, if desired
- ¼ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Brown ground beef in medium skillet over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Set aside.
- Unroll dough; place on sprayed cookie sheet. Starting at center, press out dough with hands to form 12x8-inch rectangle.
- Refrigerated pizza crust unrolled on cutting board with ruler.
- Spread sauce over dough to within 2 inches of long sides and ½ inch of short sides. Place cooked ground beef lengthwise down center, forming 3-inch-wide strip and to within ½ inch of short sides. Top with cheese, bell pepper and Italian seasoning. Fold long sides of dough over filling; press edges to seal.
- Refrigerated pizza crust unrolled, topped with pasta sauce and ground beef alongside a bowl of cheese, bowl of chopped peppers and some Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 400°F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.