Easy Banana Pudding Cake
My family always thinks this cake takes way more time and energy to fix then it actually does. Who am I to correct them?! Top with sliced bananas and keep refrigerated.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- cooking spray
- 1 (15.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups milk
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant banana pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip®), thawed
- 20 vanilla wafers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix cake mix, water, eggs, and oil in a bowl until just moistened; pour cake batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 34 to 38 minutes. Cool in the baking dish for 2 to 3 minutes. Poke several holes into the cake using the handle of a wooden spoon. Be sure to poke all the way through to the bottom of the cake.
- Stir milk and pudding mix together in another bowl until smooth. Let pudding rest until it begins to thicken slightly, but is not fully set, about 2 minutes. Pour pudding over cake and spread evenly, making sure to fill each hole completely. Chill cake in the refrigerator until cake is cooled and pudding is set, about 2 hours.
- Spread whipped topping over cake and sprinkle with crushed vanilla wafers just before serving.