Cuban-Style Roast Pork
Fragrant, savory, and succulent pork roast the whole family will love. Serve with cumin scented black beans, and mashed sweet potatoes.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 (4 pound) pork shoulder roast
- Grind garlic, salt, black pepper, cumin, oregano, and coriander into a paste using a mortar and pestle.
- Transfer half of the garlic and spice paste to a bowl; add lime juice, orange juice, olive oil, and vinegar. Beat the mixture with a whisk until smooth.
- Cut several inch-long, deep slits into the fatty side of the pork roast. Rub the reserved garlic paste into the slits.
- Put rubbed roast into a gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Pour the liquid mixture over the roast, squeeze as much air from the bag as possible and seal; refrigerate, turning occasionally, 8 hours to overnight.
- Remove pork roast from refrigerator, put into a roasting pan, and let warm at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Roast pork in preheated oven for 30 minutes, reduce heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and continue cooking until pork is no longer pink in the center, about 2 hours more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 170 degrees F (75 degrees C).
Watch the recipe video here:
Cuban-Style Roast Pork: https://trib.al/yoGoAw5
Posted by Allrecipes on Sunday, August 11, 2019