Chicken Teriyaki Crispy Noodle Bowl
Restaurant-quality Chicken Teriyaki Crispy Noodle Bowl in just minutes 🍲
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- ½ cup soy sauce (120 mL)
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar (60 mL)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oil, plus more for frying
- 4 oz vermicelli rice noodle (115 g)
- 1 ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch (2 cm) pieces (680 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cups snap peas, blanched (225 g)
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, add the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and cornstarch. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or large skillet with 3 inches (7 cm) of oil to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Pull the rice noodles apart into eight portions.
- Place one portion of noodles on a slotted spoon and carefully dip into the oil. The noodles will immediately fry. Once puffed up, remove the noodles and transfer to a wire rack to drain. Repeat with the remaining noodles.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a wok or large skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the teriyaki sauce to the chicken and bring to a boil. Cook until the sauce has reduced by one third and the chicken is fully coated.
- Serve the chicken over the rice noodles with snap peas, radish slices, scallions, cilantro, and sesame seeds.