Bacon-Wrapped Breakfast Croissant
When a normal croissant isn't sufficient, stuff it with cheesy scrambled eggs and wrap it in crispy bacon.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 pound classic bacon
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 containers store-bought crescent rolls
- Prepare the bacon: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with a baking rack.
- Arrange bacon on the rack in a single layer. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until half-cooked. Remove to cool.
- Make the filling: Heat a large skillet on medium. Add eggs and stir constantly until soft-scrambled. Remove from the heat and stir in cheese.
- Assemble the croissants: Remove crescent rolls from package and separate triangles. On a flat surface, place 2 slices of bacon in a triangle. Place one crescent roll on top with the bacon on either side. Add about a teaspoon of egg and cheese. Roll into a croissant and curl the edges inward. Repeat until all the dough, eggs and bacon are used.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until dough is puffed and golden and bacon is crisp.
Watch the recipe video here:
Some call it genius. Some call it breakfast. We call it delicious.Full Recipe: taste.md/2io8nIG
Posted by Tastemade on Tuesday, January 30, 2018