Chocolate Banana French Toast Swirls
No time to make dough, no problem. These french toast spirals are laden with chocolate spread and bananas...a breakfast combo made in heaven!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 loaf soft white bread
- 1 cup chocolate spread
- 4 bananas, sliced thin
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- ¼ milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp milk
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Cut the crusts off all slices of bread. Put 3-4 together just slightly overlapping and press the seems together using your fingers to seal. Repeat with remaining bread.
- Spread chocolate spread over each piece of bread. Lay pieces of banana over the chocolate spread. Roll into a tight roll.
- Place each into a greased baking dish with high sides.
- In a large glass, jug whisk together eggs, cream, milk, sugar and 1 tsp vanilla until smooth. Pour over spirals and let soak for 10-15 minutes until completely absorbed.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until puffed up, golden brown and cooked through. Cover with foil if it gets dark on top too quickly.
- In another jug whisk together icing sugar, milk, melted butter and ½ tsp vanilla.
- Pour glaze over while still warm.