Chicken Mole Enchilada Casserole
I have more than once wondered why everything can’t be covered in mole sauce.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 12 corn tortillas, halved
- 3 cups Monterey Jack or Mexican blend cheese, grated
- 1 jar Dona Maria mole
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for serving (optional)
- Red onion, thinly sliced, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add the mole to a medium saucepan over medium heat, and slowly stir in the chicken broth. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Sauce should be smooth.
- Pour ½ cup of the mole sauce into the prepared baking dish and line bottom with 8 tortilla halves to cover entire dish.
- Top with 1 cup of the chicken and cover with ¾ cup of the mole sauce. Top with ¾ cup of the cheese. Repeat with another layer of tortillas, chicken, mole sauce, and cheese.
- Add one more layer of tortillas, chicken, mole sauce, and cheese. Add a final layer of tortillas and cover evenly with mole sauce. (You may have some sauce leftover.) Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes, until cheese has melted.
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with sour cream, red onion, and cilantro, if using. Enjoy!
Watch the recipe video here:
I have more than once wondered why everything can’t be covered in mole sauce.Recipe Here: http://bit.ly/30a90pE
Posted by 12 Tomatoes on Monday, August 12, 2019