Greek Pork Chops with Squash and Potatoes
One sheet and dinner is done, thanks to Greek Pork Chops, squash and potatoes.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 4 (1-inch-thick) frenched pork loin chops
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced
- ½ inch thick
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- ½ inch thick
- ½ pound small red potatoes, quartered
- Place pork chops in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic, oregano, pepper, and 2½ teaspoons salt; reserve 2 tablespoons marinade. Pour remaining marinade over pork, turning to coat. Chill 1 to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine squash, zucchini, potatoes, and reserved marinade. Spread squash mixture in an even layer on a heavy-duty aluminum foil-lined rimmed sheet pan.
- Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade. Pat dry with paper towels, and place on top of squash mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes. Increase temperature to broil, and broil until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 140°F, about 5 minutes. Transfer pork to a serving platter, and cover with foil. Return pan to oven, and broil squash mixture until slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer squash mixture to a serving bowl; toss with remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and serve with pork.