Chicken and Rice Casserole
What We're Loving: Chicken and Rice Casserole
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (skin removed)
- 1 cup medium-grain white rice
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup diced dill havarti cheese (about 4 ounces)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (about 1 ounce)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Melt the butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and about three-quarters of the scallions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the broccoli, chicken, rice, tomato, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste; stir to combine.
- Whisk the chicken broth and sour cream in a bowl, pour into the skillet and bring to a simmer. Stir in half each of the havarti and parmesan. Cover tightly with a lid or aluminum foil, transfer to the oven and bake until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Turn on the broiler. Uncover the skillet and sprinkle with the remaining havarti and parmesan, then broil until golden, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with the reserved scallions.