Cheesy Breakfast Egg Bowl Leaves No Dishes Behind
Carbs and I, we're good friends. Dishes and I? Not so much! This Bread Bowl Breakfast makes eating and cleanup easy, and is literally what it sounds like - a breakfast in a bread bowl! Fill each bread bowl with an egg, some herbs and cheese, and you've got a breakfast that you'll want everyday!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- Crusty dinner rolls, as many as you choose
- Large eggs, one for each roll
- Mixed herbs, chopped, such as parsley, chives or tarragon, about 1 teaspoon for each roll
- Heavy cream, 1 teaspoon for each roll
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese, grated, as much as you want to sprinkle on each roll
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice off top of each dinner roll and gently remove some bread until there is a hole large enough to accommodate an egg.
- Arrange rolls on a baking sheet. Reserve tops.
- Crack an egg into each roll. Top each egg with some herbs and a bit of cream. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake until eggs are set and bread is toasted, about 20 to 25 minutes. After eggs have cooked for 20 minutes, place bread tops on baking sheet and bake until golden brown. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Place tops on rolls and serve warm.