- 16 cremini caps, cleaned with a damp towel and finely chopped in food processor
- 1 small yellow-skinned onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons (2 turns around the pan) extra-virgin olive oil
- One 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg or the equivalent of freshly grated
- 2 cups part skim ricotta
- 8 curly edge lasagna noodles, cooked to al dente (12 to 14 minutes)
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola, crumbled
- ½ cup (3 turns around the pan) heavy cream
- 1 to 1½ cups shredded mozzarella
- Steamed Asparagus Tips, recipe follows
- Broiled Tomatoes, recipe follows
- 2 small or 1 large bundle asparagus
- 4 vine-ripe tomatoes
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium skillet over moderate heat, saute mushrooms, chopped onions, and garlic in oil until mushrooms give off their juices and darken and onions are tender, about 7 or 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; the salt will help draw water out of the vegetables as they cook.
- Add dry chopped spinach to the pan and heat through for 1 minute. Adjust seasonings with salt, pepper, and a little nutmeg. Add ricotta and stir into mixture to heat cheese through, 1 minute longer. Remove pan from heat but leave in the warm skillet.
- Heat broth in a small pan over moderate heat. Melt Gorgonzola into broth and bring liquid to a bubble. Stir in cream and thicken sauce 2 minutes.
- Place cooked lasagna noodles on a large work surface or cutting board. Spread lasagna noodles with a layer of spinach-mushroom filling. Roll up pasta and arrange the 8 bundles in a shallow flameproof casserole dish. Pour warm sauce over roll-ups and top with mozzarella. Place casserole under broiler to melt cheese. Serve with Steamed Asparagus and Broiled Tomatoes.
- While you boil your lasagna noodles, place fresh asparagus tips in a small colander over the boiling water in the pasta pot. Place a lid on the colander and steam asparagus while you are cooking your pasta for 4 minutes or until tips are just tender.
- Split 4 vine-ripe tomatoes across the center and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Broil tomatoes.
- Serve along side your completed casserole. Top with any fresh herb you have on hand: basil, thyme, or rosemary.
Watch the recipe video here:
Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna Roll-ups are exactly what you need to start this week off strong.
Posted by Food Network on Tuesday, March 6, 2018