Carrot Cake Cheesecake
Half carrot cake, half plain cheesecake, this hybrid dessert is a slice of heaven.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Cake
FOR THE CARROT CAKE
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 1½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ c. canola oil
- 2 large Eggs, beaten
- 1½ c. grated carrots (from 1 large)
- ½ c. raisins
- ½ c. chopped pecans or walnuts
FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¾ c. sugar
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1½ tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ c. sour cream
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp. butter, softened
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Chopped pecans or walnuts, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9" springform pan.
- Make carrot cake mixture: In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Stir in oil, then add eggs and mix until combined. Add carrots, raisins and nuts and mix until combined.
- Make cheesecake mixture: In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in salt and flour.
- Mix in vanilla and eggs, beating 1 minute between each addition, then add sour cream.
- Assemble cheesecake: Pour ⅔ carrot cake mixture into prepared pan and smooth top with spatula. Top with spoonfuls of ⅓ cheesecake mixture, then pour over remaining carrot cake mixture. Top with remaining cheesecake mixture and smooth top with a spatula.
- Bake until center is only slightly jiggly, 1 hour.
- Let cool completely, 1 hour, then transfer to the fridge to cool, 4 hours, or up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, make frosting: Beat sugar, butter, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth.
- Frost cheesecake, then garnish with pecans or walnuts and let chill, 10 minutes, before serving.