Broccoli Cheesy Bread
Wringing the steamed broccoli out with paper towel or cheesecloth insures your cheesy bread is crisp, not soggy.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 3 c. riced broccoli
- 1 large egg
- 1½ c. shredded mozzarella
- ¼ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped parsley
- Warmed marinara, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Microwave riced broccoli for 1 minute to steam. Carefully ring out extra moisture from the broccoli using paper towel or cheese cloth.
- Transfer broccoli to a large bowl and add egg, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan, and garlic. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Transfer dough to baking sheet and shape into a thin, round crust.
- Bake until golden and dried out, 20 minutes. Top with with remaining ½ cup mozzarella and bake until cheese is melted and crust is crispy, 10 minutes more. Garnish with parsley and pepper flakes if using. Serve warm with marinara.