When we're feeling blue, we like to make pancakes... and cover them with chocolate and blueberries!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2¼ cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons blue spirulina powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1¾ cups whole milk, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, plus more for cooking
- ½ cup chocolate syrup, for serving
- 1 cup blueberries, for garnish
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and blue spirulina. Whisk well.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the honey, eggs, almond milk and coconut oil. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour some coconut oil on a cast-iron skillet set over medium-low heat. Pour about ¼ cup of batter onto the hot skillet and cook for about 2 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Stack pancakes, pour over chocolate syrup, garnish with blueberries and serve!